Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bits and pieces of an Email from Steamboat Springs

Mojoslim, sent this email out after recieving his 40" topdeck and I tossed in the toyfish, to see what he thought ...


here's parts of his two part email:


"I got home as sun was going down, and I rode that toy fish till it was dark. A few nice patches of powder in rhe yard, and some node steep starts. That thing is really fun so far.That package pretty much turned my collection from a skate to a quiver. Might take a day off to tomorrow :-D or maybe a half day"


(the next day)



"I had fun with the toy fish yesterday till dusk. I had a good laugh when I read - max weigh 65lbs lol. There were a few spots in the back yard that have just the right amount of powder/decline for that thing. It reminds me of skim boarding, but a big upgrade from a McDonalds tray! But there's also that surfy feeling to it, because you can float up and down on the powder.
Probably throw the toy fish in the car. I often see nice hills, untouched powder, that I always say taht I should hit with a skate."

(thats exactly what that little deck is made for)

......"I rode up at one of the ski mountains for the first time, today. The hill is called Howelson Hill. There was some hiking trails off to the side of the ski hill so my girl and I hiked up a bit and then dropped over a ridge into the ski boundary. Hit some mellow blue/green runs with the Lib48 and chiller deck and it was superfun. Can't wait to go back up with the December Deck and my powder subs and hit some back country powder. I didn't want to change off the trucks last night for fear of completely throwing myself off today with a new board. But i'm likely going to do that tonight. I feel like the 48lib will fit with that deck really well, lengthwise. I'm really bummed that we forgot the camera in the car when we started the hike. Oh well, next time. I don't have any footage of myself with my skates, so there's no proof that I actually ride! haha... I could just be a collector for all anyone knows.
My girlfriend is a snowboard instructor, so she was really worried that i would be eating shit all over the place and not be able to keep up with her. We were both pleasantly surprised that I could.
Alright man, take it easy, and i'll catch you later. Thanks again!
-Zach"


thanks Zachslim...


thats what snowskating is all about....
here's a pic of his quiver, he's got the bug bad, he even made that tall black sub out of a old snowboard....very chill..

4 comments:

  1. I got the skate fever! doesn't help that i'm a big collector, i'll send you some pictures of my guitar collection sometime :) Gotta get my brother to send me the pic files, as all but 2 of my 12+ axes are still on Maui. I'm a guy who likes custom stuff, what can I say? My main amplifier and guitars are hand built custom orders (my amp even has a home made chassis that me and my uncle built for it). My skates are also boutique (december, chiller, and FPS make up most of my quiver).

    P.S. before reading your site, I hadn't heard of the hawaiian names "Ala i`a" and "Pa'ipo" - and I was born and raised in Hawaii! But I can see where the names come from.

    Ala = Path/Road or, in this case, Way
    i`a = Fish
    So Ala i`a = Fish Way or Fish Path or Path of the Fish or Way of the Fish

    Pa = Board or Surface (small) as in "Papa he'e nalu (Surf Board)" The doubling of Pa in this case denotes size. Pa is one size; papa is bigger than pa
    'ipo is a great word. Most commom usage is "sex." Ipo also denotes the source of sexual feelings as in the term Ku'uipo (which is sed as sweetheart, but literally, "My (endearing) Sex thing" In this case, however, the more sensual term for sex is likely the definition used, as "embrace."

    so Pa'ipo = Board that is embraced, or hug board.

    Fun stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mojo, man u know your culture, very cool, I like "hug board"...and "Way of the Fish"

    life's to short not to have a quiver or two.....

    variety right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Variety is the spice of life (and if you've read Dune, then that's the kind of spice that i'm using).

    A word of warning on the Hawaiian translations: the way you say the word and break up the consonants and vowels can change the entire meaning. So if its actually Ala`ia (instead of ala i`a) it could mean, "his or her path." putting a ` in a different place totally changes the word. Hawaiian is also a very poetic and interpretive language (context is key) so I think my translations are in the spirit :) Sorry if i'm going on with the Hawaiian stuff.. its just been years since i've been able to work with the language.

    May Saturday Rock

    ReplyDelete

get info at: decembersnowskates@gmail.com

WINTER 2009-2010 Snowskates
Line-up:
Singles, flat decks, and Powder sticks

Top decks....priced by size



december singles

december singles
.... our single decks are hand crafted and pressed using 8 ply Canadian Maple , engineered with five glide-lock channels that have been "skinned" with the latest technology in snowboard base material; 4000 "Red" Sintered Base with Gallium, to give today's rider tomorrow's speed and performance, now.....

december TOP decks for BI-DECKS

december TOP decks for BI-DECKS
....hand pressed out of 7 plys of hard rock maple. These top decks are to be mounted to the sub of your choice whether its for powder or park...Our decks are available with custom concaves, kicks, and sizes. These decks are best if tweaked to the riders desired dimensions....all truck holes will be pre-drilled..Prices vary upon sizes...



FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Please scroll down to see what's available To order: decembersnowskates@gmail.com
Powered by Blogger.