Saturday, March 6, 2010

MOJO's december set-ups

*update* Feedback from MOJOslim:

hey Kev,
attached my chiller trucks to the December 40" last night. Here's some pics of the deck set up with my lib 48". They ride well together. Seems more, solid, I guess would be the word. Much more of a longboard feel. I wonder if its comparable to the GNUtoronto or GNUohio.

The concave came out nice. The kicks on this thing is awesome. I can really hug my foot up against them. Makes for so much leverage if I put my foot up high on it, just a small amount of pressure flexes the sub and focuses the weight to the center.

I also attached some truck bases to my 155cm Sawed Off Powdersub. Attached it to the newly setup December40" and boy does that thing float the powder. It was the inaugural run of that Powdersub, and I'm really suprised how it runs. Even powder with a slight incline is no problem. I rode stuff that my FPS125 would sink in.....

The December40" deck is a great addition to my collection.
thanks again for such a great deal
-Zach







155 big powder sub handmade by Zach, from an old snowboard...go green...
here's his 40" december deck set-up on a 48" (?) libtech sub...this is the famous sub that got the ball rolling for magna-traction (serrated edges) and banana rocker aka reverse camber...i believe mike olson got the kinks out of this design on a snowskate before it was introduced to the snowboard world...


random news:
we have had a perfect swell running with offshore winds for a bunch of days now, not super big, but super fun...I shot a text to a old friend about the conditions at 6:30 this morning...he shot back a message that he was up at his ski house riding a toboggan at our "infamous hill"....he started to freak out that he was missing the waves....I told him at his age to give up the straps and start snowskating...his response was " No but I've seen @$$holes on the mountain with them, I just want to punch them out when I see them" hahaha, what a kook, my response "u lose"

then I rubbed in last night's surf session..
thanks zach for taking the time out to send your s'skate pics and feedback, greatly appreciated
.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely is the 48" Lib Powdersub. Kev, that thing rocks with the 40" December deck! Highly recommend picking up the 48"Libtech (also, i hear that they aren't going to be made any longer). such a stable ride, and the banana camber makes it really fun to mess around on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks zach, sold me, the search is on for a 48...

    ReplyDelete
  3. just did a search. boy are these things hard to come by right now. Also, the rumor about them not producing the 48" anymore seems to be just noise (according to the libtech 10/11 season preview linked on snowskaters.net, mike olsen says that they will have the 48" to sell separately.

    here's the only place online that i could find with the 48" Sub Ski: http://www.theclickworldwide.com/lib-snowskate-btx-powder-ski-p-16119.html

    maybe a wait for the 10/11 design to come out, apparently its got a different design.

    ReplyDelete

get info at: decembersnowskates@gmail.com

WINTER 2009-2010 Snowskates
Line-up:
Singles, flat decks, and Powder sticks

Top decks....priced by size



december singles

december singles
.... our single decks are hand crafted and pressed using 8 ply Canadian Maple , engineered with five glide-lock channels that have been "skinned" with the latest technology in snowboard base material; 4000 "Red" Sintered Base with Gallium, to give today's rider tomorrow's speed and performance, now.....

december TOP decks for BI-DECKS

december TOP decks for BI-DECKS
....hand pressed out of 7 plys of hard rock maple. These top decks are to be mounted to the sub of your choice whether its for powder or park...Our decks are available with custom concaves, kicks, and sizes. These decks are best if tweaked to the riders desired dimensions....all truck holes will be pre-drilled..Prices vary upon sizes...



FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Please scroll down to see what's available To order: decembersnowskates@gmail.com
Powered by Blogger.