Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kendra

Kendra runs a great new blog about snowskating, in which she has personally taken on the responsibility of promoting the sport. It's always worth a daily glance.
early in the season she talked about how she got involved in skating, something rang very similar to me (and most snowskaters) And if your on the fence about getting on a skate this season take a read :

I fell in love with snowskating a little more than a year ago. At the time, I had been snowboarding for boocoo years. I'd ride every single day that I wasn't working. But, my whole heart wasn't in it anymore. I'd get up to the mountain, ride a few hours, and then leave after I hit my favorite runs a couple times. Although I loved snowboarding, I was bored with it.

I didn't even know what a snowskate was the first time it was mentioned to me. But the first time I saw one, I was fixated. All the implications of a "snow-skate" and what it meant to my understanding of riding snow started to come together.

I learned to snowskate in Pat Bonser's back yard, which is kind of like learning to skateboard at Tony Hawk's ramp. I was so pumped that I actually ran back up the hill after each drop in. I couldn't get enough of it.

In the 2010/11 season, I snowskated more than I snowboarded. I was euphoric, I wanted to snowskate all the resorts and backcountry that I had previously only experienced within the confines of my snowboard bindings.

I started with Heavenly Mountain, which is my home mountain. When I snowskate Heavenly, I ride from first chair until they don't let me on again. There is so much to explore, so many different features, and any terrain you could ask for; it is a snowskating paradise. There are no restrictions on where you can take your snowskate, so whether you want to ride Motts or Killebrew, High Roller or Groove, as long as it's open, snowskates are welcome.


http://projectsnowskate.com/


2 comments:

  1. Money!!! That is cool. Way to go pushing yourself out of boredom. Into your stoke again. Good for you. Cool board, too!

    ReplyDelete

get info at: decembersnowskates@gmail.com

WINTER 2009-2010 Snowskates
Line-up:
Singles, flat decks, and Powder sticks

Top decks....priced by size



december singles

december singles
.... our single decks are hand crafted and pressed using 8 ply Canadian Maple , engineered with five glide-lock channels that have been "skinned" with the latest technology in snowboard base material; 4000 "Red" Sintered Base with Gallium, to give today's rider tomorrow's speed and performance, now.....

december TOP decks for BI-DECKS

december TOP decks for BI-DECKS
....hand pressed out of 7 plys of hard rock maple. These top decks are to be mounted to the sub of your choice whether its for powder or park...Our decks are available with custom concaves, kicks, and sizes. These decks are best if tweaked to the riders desired dimensions....all truck holes will be pre-drilled..Prices vary upon sizes...



FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Please scroll down to see what's available To order: decembersnowskates@gmail.com
Powered by Blogger.