Sunday, March 8, 2009

Two Old Soliders



us patent number


handpainted logo




....pass by these two old boards coming up from my basement on a daily basis. The old burton has a asym tail, which makes me smile every time I pass it. Asymetrical is such a cool concept, and this tail is so retro and futuristic at the same time...These concepts aren't going anywhere, and they will always resurface.. matter of fact I have seen a couple of bueatiful ones on surfboard's lately (the coolest part is the different fin set-ups on either side) shaped by christenson, pendo, and the true originator carl exstrom (for Richard Kenvin) from San diego..matter of fact all three shapers live in san diego, what a mecca for creative designers, and thinkers....




Funny, San Deigo is where I picked up my first Sector nine (pictured). I bought this board Back In '94 at the coolest little skate shop called Soul Grind, matter of fact it was the shop owners' personal sector nine. I was blown away with the possibilites of that board, I couldn't afford a new one so I made an offer for his and he accepted. Loved that shop, loved that board, and I have know idea what happen to the front truck...
Quick Burton story:
A friend of mine went to mainland Mex for a surf vacation a few years back, he had only been surfing for a few years, and was surfing by himself on this trip. He met a dude in the line-up, joked with him, shared waves, began regularly surfing with him on the trip, and he said after three days this dude turn out to be a totally generous guy,. He was always giving waves, helping my him pick quality waves, looking after him, that kind of stuff. But he had to leave and they said goodbye. As he paddle away another surfer paddle up to my buddy and said, "do you know who that was?", my friend replied," not really", "just met him in the line up." The new dude yells, that was Jake Burton... My friend laughed, he had no idea. When he told me the story he said Burton was so down to earth, never dropped names, and was just a real sweet guy.... right on Burton...




No comments:

Post a Comment

get info at: decembersnowskates@gmail.com

WINTER 2009-2010 Snowskates
Line-up:
Singles, flat decks, and Powder sticks

Top decks....priced by size



december singles

december singles
.... our single decks are hand crafted and pressed using 8 ply Canadian Maple , engineered with five glide-lock channels that have been "skinned" with the latest technology in snowboard base material; 4000 "Red" Sintered Base with Gallium, to give today's rider tomorrow's speed and performance, now.....

december TOP decks for BI-DECKS

december TOP decks for BI-DECKS
....hand pressed out of 7 plys of hard rock maple. These top decks are to be mounted to the sub of your choice whether its for powder or park...Our decks are available with custom concaves, kicks, and sizes. These decks are best if tweaked to the riders desired dimensions....all truck holes will be pre-drilled..Prices vary upon sizes...



FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Please scroll down to see what's available To order: decembersnowskates@gmail.com
Powered by Blogger.